• Latest News

    November 30, 2015

    Sachin Tyagi: I have used my real life experiences of being a single parent to help me with my role in Swaragini

    Sachin Tyagi: I have used my real life experiences of being a single parent to help me with my role in Swaragini
    Yogen Shah

    The actor takes lessons from real life to play a single father onscreen

    Sachin Tyagi is all set to start a new show on Colors – Swaragini where he plays a single father.With such a serious character, I assumed he would be rather serious in life too. But even before I said hello, he said What’s up! That kinda broke the ice. Before I began my series of questions, he said he will not answer three questions – he won’t explain his role, how real is his reel character and how he feels playing the role. With these guidelines, I promised to ask him different things, at least to the best of my ability. Read excerpts from the interview
    You were in Kolkata for about ten days shooting the initial sequences of the show. How was it shooting in the beautiful city of Kolkata?
    Every city has a flavour. Mumbai has crowd, noise, buzz, energy, opportunities, traffic and that smell. Kolkoata in comparison is a very laid back city and people over there are very happy. It’s cheaper to stay and live. My experience was excellent, mainly because it was a great atmosphere to work in.
    What else did you do in Kolkata besides work?
    Frankly, when you go to an outdoor location, things get very unpredictable. We function mainly on daylight, so all the shots have to be taken when there is natural light. Secondly, if an equipment stops working then that becomes a problem as a chain reaction everything gets delayed. Now we had taken permission to shoot in Kolkata’s prime locations, but while we had the letter to go ahead – the officials there did not get the copy. That actually happened with us. We have been shooting continuously so never really got the time to do anything but work. Our call time was at 5 am every day.
    What convinced you to take this role?
    I thought doing this part would be easy. There is no heroism, he is not rich, nor is he some MD of some big shot company; he is just a father of a growing up girl. Considering I have three daughters of my own it came fairly easy to me. However, all my kids are still little. In fact, it was my daughter Pari’s birthday just yesterday.
    What do you think of the kids in the team – Helly Shah and Tejaswi Prakash and their acting?
    So far Tejaswi’s character Ragini is one dimensional. She is obedient, says nice things, smiles and is a little scared in life. Helly who is playing Swara’s character has the scope to do a lot better. Even Tejaswi will have a lot more exposure according to which she will also have to up her performance. Helly has very expressive eyes; according to me they both have a great future ahead.
    What’s your concept about single parents?
    I hope this concept doesn’t last in the world. I hope no one has to be a single parent to their child or children ever. In this serial I play a single parent and a little while ago I was so in my real life too. We do our best and try to not repeat our mistakes. It is not easy; I feel it is rather tough to be a single parent and do the job of both the mother and father. For example a parent-teacher’s meeting – the plight is best understood by a child who is going through it and the parent.
    So did you use your real life experiences to help you with the role?
    Those who have real life experiences use that and those who don’t use their imaginations. Unfortunately, I have the experience of being a single parent so I did use that in this role.
    Are you strict father in real life?
    I don’t think anyone is too strict; we all change according to the situation around us. I am both strict and lenient.
    So are you your daughters‘ friend or father?
    See they are my friends but I don’t know If I am their friend or not. That is something only they can answer. If I score myself ten on ten, that would be rather unfair. I share a lot of my life with my kids and try to be as truthful to them as possible
    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: Sachin Tyagi: I have used my real life experiences of being a single parent to help me with my role in Swaragini Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Unknown
    Scroll to Top